Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Weird mushrooms


These mushrooms are weird mushrooms because they look weird.  Some are big and some are small. But that's not the only reason that they're weird.  Some look different but they are the same type of mushroom.  Some try to look the same as a different mushroom, but they're actually a different mushroom. Mushrooms sometimes disguise themselves as poisonous mushrooms.

This picture was taken at Whipple Dam state park on a mushroom hunt with the Central Pennsylvania Mushroom Association. The brush in there is for cleaning them off and they cut the ends off so that they're not dirty in the basket.

Good-a-bye, a-bya.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Anna Sophia,

    These are weird mushrooms! I wonder why some mushrooms want to look like a poisonous mushroom? Any thoughts on this?

    I love you so very much,

    Your Dad Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good mushroom would want to look like a poisonous mushroom (well, they don't *want* to look like it, they just *are* like that.) so they won't get eaten by bunnies and bears.

    Because the bunnies will think that they will get sick if they eat it.

    I love you dada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought some of those mushroom were sea shells! They are weird, but also really beautiful. Thanks for teaching us about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that some mushrooms are trying to look the same as a different mushroom but are really just different mushrooms. I feel there is an important life lesson in that comment. Basically, we should all be who we are and proud of that and not true to be something different. Wise words, ASD! Your Tita is proud of you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anna Sophia! This is Anna's friend Kojo from San Francisco. I hear you...mushrooms are definitely weird, I can't say I understand how that all works. But I know that mushrooms can be tasty ;-)

    Great blog, keep up the good work!

    Kojo

    ReplyDelete